The doctors at Auburn Eye Care Associates Optometry are committed to providing the best care for your vision and eye health. Beyond their extensive training and education, our doctors continue to advance their knowledge and skills to keep up with the newest developments and advancements in eye health and vision care. They participate in progressive continuing education forums and collaborate with other leading eye health professionals worldwide. Their ability to share this information with their patients sets them apart from other professionals.
Robert D. Belajic, OD
Dr. Robert Belajic graduated from the University of California, Irvine with a degree in Biological Sciences. He earned Doctor of Optometry from Southern California College of Optometry where he was awarded the prestigious Albert Sheard Award for Clinical Excellence. He completed extensive post-graduate training thru University of California, Berkeley School of Optometry for certifications in therapeutic pharmaceutical agents and glaucoma treatment. Additional training in laser vision correction management was accomplished through Pacific University College of Optometry in Oregon. Dr. Belajic began providing services to the Auburn community in 1976. By 1978, he founded Auburn Eye Care Associates Optometry. His enthusiasm to alleviate the burden of glasses for others with laser vision correction led to becoming a principle founder of the Pacific Laser Eye Center.
Dr. Belajic has shared his experiences through lectures in optometric management and laser vision patient care.
David R. Norcott, OD
Dr. David Norcott is a graduate of the University of California, Santa Barbara and University of California, Berkeley School of Optometry. While at Berkeley, he was lauded for outstanding clinical skills with the Robert Greenwood Memorial Award.
Dr. Norcott began serving the Auburn area in 1991. By 1994, he was recognized statewide by optometric peers for being the Young Optometrist of the Year. He has served as an expert examiner for the California State Board of Optometry as well as president of the Sacramento Valley Optometric Society. He was also a principle founder of the Pacific Laser Eye Center.
Daniel A. Belajic, OD, FAAO
Dr. Dan Belajic is a Placer High School and University of San Diego graduate. He spent 6 years as a cancer research & design scientist for Dow Chemical and Johnson & Johnson. He decided to return to school with the Pennsylvania College of Optometry. During his training, he was selected into an international optometric honor society, assisted the Institutional Review Board overseeing all National Institute of Health research proposals, and served as Student Clinical Coordinator. He also contributed to international relief efforts in Guatemala by providing eye and vision care.
Dr. Dan completed all clinical rotations with honors, crossing regions of the country learning from internationally recognized instructors in topics of eye disease, emergent ocular management, diabetes, glaucoma, contact lens, and low vision. In 2014, he earned peer recognition as a Fellow of the American Academy of Optometry.
Eye Care Professionals
- Doctors of Optometry (O.D.) are independent primary health care professionals for the eye.
- Optometrists examine, diagnose, treat, and manage diseases, injuries and disorders of the visual system, the eye and associated structures including systemic conditions affecting the eye.
- Ophthalmologists are physicians (M.D. or D.O.) that have specialized in eye care; particularly with surgical intervention.
- Our unique integration of both specialties maximizes the care our patients receive.
- Our multi-disciplinary professionals perform at the peak of their specialized training due to the support from a well-trained and organized staff.
- Staff development is important to our patient care so we encourage nationally recognized paraoptometric certification through the American Optometry Association (CPO/CPOA/CPOT/CPOC).